We use cookies to show content based on your preferences. If you continue to browse you accept their use and installation. More information. >

FMF - Friends of Minerals Forum, discussion and message board
The place to share your mineralogical experiences

Spanish message board

Newest topics and users posts
31 May-16:04:59 Is this a rhyolite matrix with calcite and smoky quartz? (Gk68)
31 May-15:40:58 Re: don lum collection (Don Lum)
31 May-15:40:12 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Gk68)
31 May-09:28:53 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-08:49:08 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Alfredo)
31 May-07:33:18 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
31 May-07:26:07 Re: is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (James Catmur)
31 May-06:33:57 Is it possible for this specimen of hyalite to be associated with other minerals? (Rick Roan)
30 May-22:57:14 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
30 May-09:49:21 Re: provide miller indices in practice please (Robson Vieira)
30 May-09:47:37 Re: provide miller indices in practice please (Robson Vieira)
29 May-22:39:04 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
29 May-21:41:30 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)
29 May-08:21:02 Re: collection of michael shaw (Michael Shaw)
29 May-00:00:23 The mizunaka collection - fluorite (Am Mizunaka)
28 May-22:40:53 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
28 May-15:48:22 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Jordi Fabre)
28 May-11:34:14 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Volkmar Stingl)
28 May-10:15:02 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Kevin Schofield)
28 May-09:04:38 Re: collection of michael shaw - quartz (Michael Shaw)
27 May-21:03:16 Re: collection of volkmar stingl (Volkmar Stingl)
27 May-19:06:44 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Bob Carnein)
27 May-15:52:31 Re: is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Bob Kerr)
27 May-15:47:04 Is this dolomite-pyrite-siderite? (Gk68)
27 May-14:58:02 The mizunaka collection - quartz (Am Mizunaka)

For lists of newest topics and postings click here

RSS RSS

View unanswered posts

Why and how to register

Index Index
 FAQFAQ RegisterRegister  Log inLog in
 {Forgotten your password?}Forgotten your password?  

The time now is May 31, 2024 22:33

Search for a textSearch for a text   

A general guide for using the Forum with some rules and tips
The information provided within this Forum about localities is only given to allow reference to them. Any visit to any of the localities requires you to obtain full permission and relevant information prior to your visit. FMF is strictly against any illicit activities related to collecting minerals.
TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions

View previous topic :: View next topic  

ofarcis

Access to the FMF Gallery title=

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2010 23:35    Post subject: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Hi everyone,

We are finally ending the TuColección program to version 1.00 after two years of development with many
improvements, features, personalization and ease of use.

This program is free and allows you to manage your collection of minerals, boxes and
showcases cristal a visual and easily without complications. Also for those needing something more there is a part of customization to add as much data as we find them useful.

This version tries in several languages, among which is currently being translated to English, Spanish, Catalán, Euskera and Galician.

My question is whether you know any volunteer or association which can translate the program into Portuguese, French, German and Italian. And review the english version.

Thank you very much for your help
Regards, Oscar.

PS: You can find more information about the program:

- Version 0.3.1 (official) in https://tuplaneta.es/software.php

- Version 0.4.0 (under development, will become the 1.00) in https://www.tuplaneta.es/foros/viewtopic.php?t=15445

- Spanish Help for version 0.4.0 in https://www.TuPlaneta.es/software/TuColeccion.chm
Reply to topic Reply with quote

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 02:59    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

ofarcis wrote:
And review the english version.

Oscar, if you don't appreciate my translations... keep it private! ;-)

No, seriously, we will very much appreciate ANY help. I am trying to find the right term in English for the Spanish "Municipios" (not exactly just a town) and I am using "County" but I am not sure it is good enouhg.

Thanks in advance

Arturo

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 03:15    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Of course all help is appreciated and yours is exceptional. However, I think it's interesting that an American or English check our work if we miss a term.

The same will be attempted in other languages.

Which could not be the best equivalent term for Municipio, may be "municipality".

Thank you very much for effort
Regards, Oscar.

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 04:06    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Of course, it is not only interesting, I need it!

I am having problems with the fact that this is not the database I am actually using and I don't know when a message is a request, information or what.

Municipality is indeed the literal translation. I would prefer to translate the idea of "municipio" into English, but it is not exactly neither a town nor a parish... Anyway it is your Database so it is finally up to you.

Greetings

Arturo

James Catmur
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 04:18    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

That is hard to translate, as the word is not the same in the UK as in the US. I would go for District if I were you

James

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 04:23    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

If you don't use this version of program, maybe can help the help file of this. Can Download from the last link that i posted in the first message. But i recomend install the aplication translate before.

About the first message. Any person know of any association or voluntary that can help us?

Regards, Oscar.

Tracy

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 07:13    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Would be happy to help review your English translations.

James is right, either district or region would be a good fit, depending on whether the boundaries are geographical or linguistic/cultural.

- Tracy

crocoite

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 07:17    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

I thought that I would try it but it doesn't install properly on my PC (Windows 7).

Regards
Steve

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 07:53    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

I use TuColección in Windows 7 and it works perfectly, what happens to Windows 7 is the need to put administrator permissions to install and to run.

In the installation (file TuColeccionSetup031.exe) once downloaded you right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

Once installed, you access the link TuColección that puts you in the start menu and right click on Properties / Compatibility and say run as administrator.

Thanks to Microsoft to make very easy

Regards, Oscar.

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 08:49    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

I have donwloaded it from this link (5 minutes ago):

https://tuplaneta.es/software/TuColeccionSetup031.exe

and it is working fine on Windows7 64 bits. If it can run in my computer it can run anywhere! :-)

Greetings

Arturo

chris
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 10:08    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Hi Oscar,

I could have helped you with the French translation. Unfortunately TuColeccion doesn't seem to like Wine (I'm a Linux addict). It can't find the directory containing the Access mdb file.

Updating the path from the setup didn't change something. I tried to copy the file outside Wine in the desktop but it changed nothing either. Could you tell me how you manage to test if TuColeccion.mdb is available in the default/selected directory ?

You can answer me through PM if you want.

Thanks

christophe

GneissWare

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 10:34    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

ofarcis wrote:
Of course all help is appreciated and yours is exceptional. However, I think it's interesting that an American or English check our work if we miss a term.

The same will be attempted in other languages.

Which could not be the best equivalent term for Municipio, may be "municipality".

Thank you very much for effort
Regards, Oscar.

Hi Oscar,

You have encountered an area that is difficult to set up a strict hierarchy -- geographical data. In some countries, like the USA, it is fairly straightforward: State, County, Town/City. But, many countries like China have many more geographic subdivisions. Sites like mindat create a free-form locality description, but in many cases the hierarchical levels don't match.

When I was developing GneissWare, I spent lots of time struggling with this, because I wanted to be able to search within well defined geographical units. What I ended up doing was defining the following divisions:

Mine Name (includes Claim or Specific Locality)
Mining District (includes Mineralogic Region or Province)
Geographic Features (e.g., Towns, Mts., Roads)
County or Equivalent
State/Province
Country
Continent

In general, this works pretty well. But, it still requires a bit of research and some judgment to decide what matches what.

For example, here is how I have handled some of this disparate information:

Mine Name..........: Amelia Mine
Mining District....: Boléo District
Geographic Features: Santa Rosalia, Canada de Curuglu
County.............: Municipio de Mulege
State..............: Baja California Sur
Country............: Mexico
Geographic Region..: Middle America

Mine Name..........: Florence Mine
Mining District....: West Cumberland Iron Field
Geographic Features: Egremont
County.............: Cumbria
State..............: England
Country............: United Kingdom
Geographic Region..: Europe

Mine Name..........: Banská Stiavnica
Mining District....: Banská Stiavnica Mining District
Geographic Features: Stiavnica Mts
County.............:
State..............: Banskobystricky Region (Kraj)
Country............: Slovakia
Misc Info/SubRegion: Formerly Part of Czechoslovakia
Mindat URL.........: https://www.mindat.org/loc-204965.html

Mine Name..........: Berbes Mine
Mining District....: Berbes Mining area
Geographic Features: Ribadesella
County.............:
State..............: Asturias Comunidad Autonoma
Country............: Spain
Misc Info/SubRegion:
Mindat URL.........: https://www.mindat.org/loc-4612.html

What I tried to construct was a uniform and systematic framework for data entry, that allowed for flexibility, but as you can see from the examples, particularly the United Kingdom example, there are several ways to classify a locality. The important point is to try to be consistent.

Hope this helps,
Bob

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 10:45    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Bob, one day I have to send you my suggestions about your program as promissed (that one is what I am actually using).

First thing I have to say is that to get the provinces of every country in the world already inside the program is A-M-A-I-Z-I-N-G and saves a lot of work.

Greetings

Arturo

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 10:56    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Hi Christophe,

TuColecion.mdb file found in the same application directory TuColeccion.exe. When you run the application the first time ask about where you are and also which way to use to put photos of your collection.

The easiest way is the path of the application to the database and add "pictures" or "Photos" for the path of the images.

About volunteering to translate the French version, I really appreciate it and i will contact you privately.

Thanks, Oscar.

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 11:04    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Hello GneissWare,

TuColeccion have a little help to introduce the location of a mineral. But currently only serves the towns of Spain, not from other countries.

Regardless, you can enter any because it is data in text format that supports any address.

The question is addressed to Arturo as close as possible to translate the term used in Spain. Obviously, each country uses its own terminology and it is therefore impossible to fit all countries. In the future I will consider whether there are possibilities of using the International Nomenclator server, but for now it is not the priority.

Thanks, Oscar.

ofarcis

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 12:16    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

Hi Christophe,

I tried to send a PM, but I am a new user in the English version of this forum will not let me. As I can read and answer the PM sent to me, please send to me your email via PM.

Thanks, Oscar.

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 13:51    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

GneissWare wrote:

County.............:
Misc Info/SubRegion:

In that example I have, in my database, Ribadesella as County instead of Geographic Features. Ribadesella is the name of a town and of a "municipio" as well. In Asturias there are very large "municipios" with plenty of towns inside and that is why I am using "county" even if it is not the same concept.

In Oscar's program I think it would be better to use District (thank you James) as I think it is more flexible as expresion. As Tracy said the user can use it in a wider range of cases.

Thank you all

Arturo

GneissWare

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 14:20    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

arturo shaw wrote:
GneissWare wrote:

County.............:
Misc Info/SubRegion:

In that example I have, in my database, Ribadesella as County instead of Geographic Features. Ribadesella is the name of a town and of a "municipio" as well. In Asturias there are very large "municipios" with plenty of towns inside and that is why I am using "county" even if it is not the same concept.

In Oscar's program I think it would be better to use District (thank you James) as I think it is more flexible as expresion. As Tracy said the user can use it in a wider range of cases.

Thank you all

Arturo

Arturo,
Given that Ribadesella is a municipio as well, I agree that placing it in the "county" field seems appropriate. The potential problem with calling a municipio a district, at least in the sense I use it, is that some districts cover multiple geographic subdivisions. For example, in the USA, the Tri-State district includes numerous counties in the states of Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas. I wanted to be able to group localities based on mineralogical provinces which don't necessarily relate to a political subdivision.
Bob

arturo shaw

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2010 05:36    Post subject: Re: TuColeccion 1.00. Visual and easy program to management your collection  

I understand your point.

About the translation I would like to give the user the maximum of flexibility with the limited options that I have. I only have one field name and I have to use a term that, internationally, would better represent the idea of a geographic division ranging from something like a single town to a wide territory but always bellow the size entity of an European "province", "Lander" or "departement".

Thank you for the help

Arturo

Index -> Off-Topic and Introductions   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: